Monday, August 4, 2014

He>i

John 3:30 "He must become greater;  I must become less."

So I've seen these window decals and bumper stickers for years. They look like this:
I never took too much time to think about them. I always, in my mind, read them as Heki... Not sure why... but I thought someone was just being clever and using the >symbol with an i to make a backwards K. I don't know. Call me silly.

Well, recently I've been diving into math and learning lots of awesome new strategies. I drive by a truck almost daily in my neighborhood with this image on the back window. All of a sudden, I read it OUT LOUD. Heki. Wait... He > i.... He is greater than I? Oh, man! That makes sense! Did I just make this up? That's really cool if it means He (God) is greater than I (me)! Maybe it's not Heki afterall...

So a few weeks have gone by and I finally remember to Google it. Sure enough, it's a company in Hawaii that got an idea to use the greater symbol and create the brand of He is greater than I. The verse they had in mind for the logo was John 3:30 "He must become greater' I must become less."

It make so much sense. What a clever reminder in today's new math world to remind ourselves of the fact that He IS greater than we are. Until we decide to really believe that and put all of our eggs in that basket of faith, it won't make sense. I have to say, once you do decide to believe, your world will never be the same. Every step you take and every thought you have begins to remind you  how great He really is. I'm excited to get this decal... now that I know what it really says. I'm even more excited to explain it's meaning to others who may  just think it is a neat sticker.


No comments:

Post a Comment